New Boyz On The Block- by Mia




The past few weeks have been scary and uncertain times for most of us, and while its been great watching so many local musicians pitch in and work on live streams and things like our beloved Quarantones, we can’t help but miss the warm embrace of the jol. We should, however, remain patient and be vigilant and respectful of others.

All those things aside, who the fuck are Da Beach Boyz?

Well, it’s partly Peasant, partly Weed Dealer, and partly Go! Go! Bronco. If you are unfamiliar with these three bands I would highly recommend checking them out. To be quite honest, I wasn’t exactly prepared for what was about to hit me.
I’ll keep this short, as per usual.

I’ve been a fan of hardcore since I can remember, so when I got around to listening what Da Beach Boyz put out, a wave of nostalgia ran its course. Being one of the more speculated genres out there, it’s not often you see new bands popping up and being this chaotic and prominent straight away.
Chaos, in this case, is a good thing. They have struck a perfect balance between grit and angst. Two things that are somewhat important to me in almost any genre. What I really like about their whole aesthetic is the “no fucks given” approach. It’s laid back, kind of funny, but also packed with the necessary punches.

I rarely find demos or EP’s that I can listen to without skipping to a certain track, but I must say it’s hard to do that with this debut piece. It’s consistent and well constructed, but it still maintains its hardcore edge lyrically and musically. So, if you’re looking for something that embodies “sticking it to the man” then you’re in luck. I can’t wait to see these guys hit the stage, it’s fresh and exhilarating shit, exactly what the doctor ordered.  

Follow the links below for more:


- Mia van den Heever



Comments

Popular Posts